Race day

I couldn't believe it but after 12 weeks of training, race day was finally here.  I don't know if it was bitter sweet or if I just wanted it to be over.  Training was really hard, but rewarding.  There never seemed to be enough hours in the week to get all of my runs in and I lost sleep over it many a night.  But it was a great feeling to be done with a long run.  Race day turned out to be BRUTALLY hot and completely not what we had trained for.  It was very disappointing to do so much work and then wake up and feel unprepared.  BUT in reality we were prepared and we finished.  Not in any record time, but we did it.  KARA, WE RAN A HALF MARATHON.  I am still a bit shocked.  I don't think I will do it again because of the time commitment and the fact that I am about to lose my big toe nail (yeah too many bad side effects of running in that heat!), but I am very proud I did it this once.

I just want to thank everyone who helped me along the way.  Chris especially because he picked up a lot of slack around the house while I was out running.  He made it a lot easier to get my training in.  The kids were my biggest fans and that helped tremendously.  EVERY time I came back from a run (long or short) they would ask me about it and were always very proud.  Kara got me through those long weekend runs and all of the days that I had the blues.  She would come up with some words of encouragement or just agree that what we were doing was crazy!  Thanks to all of my other friends and family who always asked about how things were going and reminded me what an amazing accomplishment this was.




Comments

Kara said…
Just reading this now... Sure was crazy wasn't it??? :). So proud of us for doing it! Proves that once you set your mind to it, anything is possible!

Popular posts from this blog

Single Mom - missing Daddy

Giggles!

Red Sox game with our pal Colton