Grandma's funeral

Unfortunately Grandma's body had started to fail her the past few weeks (boy she had spent a lot of time in the hospital) and she died on September 26th.  She was one of the most amazing, strong, FUNNY women I have ever known and she will always have such a special place in my heart.  We always had such a great relationship and although her move up north wasn't her favorite idea, I am convinced it was for the best.  She was able to spend SO much more time with family and my kids really did get to know and love her.  I will never forget all of the fun times we had and I will cherish all of the stories of her life she had started to tell me over the past couple of years (during the time of cleaning out her Florida house). 
Although funerals are AWFUL, they give you time to reflect and to see family you don't see very often.  Below you can see the kids looking at the board of pictures we had found of Grandma.  Then there is my kids in the silly hats Aunt Theckla gave them.  Thanks so much to her for babysitting so Chris and I could go to the funeral and the kids wouldn't have to experience this sad piece of real life too soon.  And then the last picture is Angela with cousin Riley.  That dress my Grandma gave me when I was 2.  I will have to find a picture of me in it so we can compare.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giggles!

Single Mom - missing Daddy

Red Sox game with our pal Colton