First day of pre-school

Not sure why I thought this was a good idea, but both of my kids started "school" on the same day.  Made for an absolutely crazy morning/afternoon, but the kids were thrilled.  We all went together to drop Angela off at her KinderCare.  She was so excited...until about the time we got to the door.  Then she realized exactly what was happening and the tears started.  Her teacher had to pry her off of me which of course just broke my heart and made me cry.  When I went to pick her up she started crying again when she saw me.  BUT, through her tears she said, "Mommy I had a good day".  More tears by me.  Maybe tomorrow she will smile or eat her lunch (or even a snack).  Notice no additional first day of school pics of Angela.  I hated to take them of her crying.  I will try to catch her with her new school buddies in a few weeks.

Richie on the other hand was a trooper.  He skipped the whole way to school.  We were also lucky enough to meet up with his buddy Luke and walk part of the way with him.  You can see the two boys together below.  And I know he had a great day because he actually told me all about it (instead of, "I don't know) when he got home!  Morning meeting, centers, Italian class, snack time (which is also math because they count/add their food!) and of course the playground.  He was so tired Miss Simonini said she had to wake him up at rest time.  It is going to be a good year.....if I can continue to get two kids out of the house with book bags, lunches.....in time!




Comments

Colleen said…
Oh Donna I so get what you went through today. Amazing what a ball of emotions this whole starting school thing is, isn't it? Francie cried with "happiness" when I picked her up too. I think they work so hard to keep together at school that they break down the moment they see you. They are going to LOVE this year of new friends, explorations, and learning. So cool. Sending you lots of hugs as I know how emotional it is as a mama.

Popular posts from this blog

Single Mom - missing Daddy

Giggles!

Red Sox game with our pal Colton