First skating lesson

There are so many firsts in a kids life, but for some reason this first was the hardest for me. My first baby was out by himself on the ice. Yes, I shed a tear....or two. I don't even know if I can explain how well he did.
Although a little apprehensive getting onto the ice and leaving Chris at the door, he did it. Went right onto the walker and then the teacher let him go. Let go......let go.......he hadn't really been happy before when we let go and today it took him 30 seconds. The best thing we did was sign him up for lessons because he progressed quicker over these 45 minutes than he did with us over the past few days. He learned how to fall and how to get up. At this point Chris and I are amazed at how far he has already come. THEN the teacher pulls the walker completely and he skates on his own. Just like that!
He loved the entire experience. The girls game before his lesson, the Zamboni cleaning the ice and then the guys team practice. Next time we need something to do, we may just go to the ice rink to watch whatever is going on there.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giggles!

Single Mom - missing Daddy

Red Sox game with our pal Colton