Sleep study

At Richie's last pediatrician appointment we realized he may not be growing as fast as we would like.  After a few tests and lots of research we think it may be because he snores.  In order to find out we went to a sleep lab to see exactly what was happening through out the night.  In kids their growth hormones are secreted at night so you want to make sure they are sleeping well.  Also, they burn a lot of calories at night if they are gasping for air or having a hard time breathing.  The ENT said his tonsils were large so they may be the problem.  We get the results in July.

I knew this wasn't going to be a fun night, but I NEVER dreamed he would have to be hooked up to so many wires.  They were everywhere including his nose and mouth.  This would have been hard for an adult never mind a child.  BUT Richie was a trooper!  He never complained once even though I think I would have if it had been me.  I am so glad it is over.  Thank goodness the Bruins are in the playoffs because he was very content just watching the game until he asked for me to get into my bed and turn off the TV.
Richie picked out a tennis racket as his prize for being such a big boy.  He says the only sport now he hasn't played is volleyball.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giggles!

Single Mom - missing Daddy

Red Sox game with our pal Colton