Superbowl

Our Superbowl tradition is to stay in and eat nachos at the coffee table so we can watch the game.  Just not interested in doing much more on a Sunday night.  The kids of course always get into the sporting events and as you can see showed their spirit.  Richie has decided he is a Patriots fan even though he knows his Dad is a Cowboys fan.  I say Good for him!  Because the Pats were playing the Giants, I got in on a little friendly competition with him and rooted for the Giants.  Well I thought it was a friendly competition until the next morning when I told Rich the Pats lost he started uncontrollably sobbing.  He literally couldn't breathe and almost threw up!  We had to have a talk about how your team doesn't always win and it is getting to play in the big game that is important.  He has so often seen his favorite teams (Bruins, Red Sox, Celtics, etc) win that he really didn't get it I think.
....oh and maybe I shouldn't have done that little victory dance when I told him the Giants won that morning.....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giggles!

Red Sox game with our pal Colton

Single Mom - missing Daddy