First day of preschool!!

I can't even believe the day has come, but my little boy went off to "school".  We called day care school as well, but this just felt different.  Maybe it was the uniform, or because I had to walk him.  Maybe it was just that we had talked about it for SO long.  Either way, today was a special day in our house. 
We started it off with corn muffins for breakfast (Richie's choice) and trying to get back to some sort of routine from the summer.  The walk there was my favorite part, but Richie talked about how he wished he could be riding the bus the whole time.  There will be plenty of time for that I am sure.  Walking into St. John's was amazing....a sea of white and blue (the girls can wear these adorable blue plaid skirts).  We lined up and went upstairs and that is when the trouble started....one little boy started crying (Mikey, his Mom and I already became friendly!) and then so did Richie.  He composed himself, hung up his book bag, and sat at his little desk.....until I was to leave.  Long story short, the teacher had to pry him off of me screaming.  I was a wreck all morning worrying about him.  When I went back at 10:30 to get him he was all smiles and didn't get up to leave.  He said he had a GREAT time.  Phew....but why do they do that to us???
In the pictures you can see me talking him through his meltdown and then showing off his crayon box during pick up!  You can see what an amazing classroom he has (and that is only half of it!) and how adorable his uniform is.
I do have to finish with the story of the shirts.  Their white polo shirts are supposed to have St. John embroidered on them.  I had bought all of his shirts and sent them to a man in the neighborhood for embroidery in plenty of time.....but then forgot about them.  Needless to say we did not get them back in time and I was furious.  I actually tracked down where the embroidery shop owner lived and rang his bell on Sunday evening (if you ask around in the city you can get any information you need!).  We now have the shirts and no one at school said a thing about Richie wearing a belly shirt that was way too short on him.  I either need to move out of the north end or maybe I have become a north ender!!!!

Comments

Colleen said…
Oh Richie -- such a big boy! Not gonna lie, got a little teary eyed on this one. Such a big momement -- I totally get it. Hugs to all of you! He is just too adorable in his outfit.
THE BLANCO'S said…
Poor mommy! Sounds like all ended well...good luck for the next drop off. What a cute classroom, so grown up!!

Popular posts from this blog

Single Mom - missing Daddy

Giggles!

Red Sox game with our pal Colton