Poetry Day

Today was one of those days that still makes me want to cry like the first day of school.  It was Poetry Day at St. John School and each of the grades got to come up and recite a poem they had learned.  The K1 kids did A Brand New Friend (as you can see in the video!).  I didn't know anything about Poetry Day (I had not looked ahead on the calendar) so I had no idea Richie knew this poem.  When I finally asked him about it (just yesterday) he recited the whole thing........I was pleasantly surprised, but shocked. 
The kids were all adorable and so proud of themselves.  As we were walking home, one of the big kids came up to Richie and said, "Great job today".  He was over the moon!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Single Mom - missing Daddy

Giggles!

Red Sox game with our pal Colton